This morning 22 enthusiastic birders with spring fever birded Castlewood State Park in west St. Louis County.  We were pleased with our looks at target early warblers Northern Parula, Louisiana Waterthrush and Yellow-throated Warbler, but we didn't hear or see Prothonotary in the usual bottomland spots.
Other species for the morning:
Wood Duck
Mallard
Great Blue Heron
Turkey Vulture
Mississippi Kite
Red-shouldered Hawk
Broad-winged Hawk
Barred Owl
Belted Kingfisher
Red-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Downy Woodpecker
Hairy Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Pileated Woodpecker
Eastern Phoebe
White-eyed Vireo
American Crow
Fish Crow
Chickadee sp.
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Brown Creeper
House Wren
Winter Wren
Carolina Wren
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Eastern Bluebird
Hermit Thrush
American Robin
Brown Thrasher
European Starling
Eastern Towhee
Chipping Sparrow
Field Sparrow
Song Sparrow
Swamp Sparrow
White-throated Sparrow
Dark-eyed Junco
Northern Cardinal, and more Cardinals...
Red-winged Blackbird
Brown-headed Cowbird

If I forgot anything, chime in!  We had a great group of excellent spotters including Mike Grant (scope boy), Mike Thelen, John Solodar, Dick Palmer, Kent Lannert.  We especially enjoyed our first time particpants!  Thanks for a great morning.
for the St. Louis Audubon Society,
Sue Gustafson
Webster Groves, MO