Darn!  What awful timing.  If this had been two weeks ago we could have reported that the drug St. Louisans have been using to deter Eurasian Tree Sparrows from flying beyond the magic polygon has lost its effect as individuals have gained resistance.  We have evidence that a few have ventured beyond the pale in recent years. Some have been found in extreme northeast MO in Clark County at the Des Moines/Mississippi River confluence (some even into southeast Iowa); some "inland" as far as Boone County (Columbia is county seat) and even an odd one now and then further west into MO.

Still, it is pretty cheesy for one to get all the way to Wisconsin.  May the Leif Erickson of his species find that Cornucopia is indeed a place of plenty for him.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO

On Apr 13, 2015, at 4:27 PM, Mike Grant wrote:

They have escaped!

Mike Grant
Chesterfield, MO

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan Brady <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Sun, Apr 12, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Subject: [wisb] EURASIAN TREE SPARROW - Bayfield County
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>

I found a EURASIAN TREE SPARROW this morning in the small town of Cornucopia, on the south shore of Lake Superior, in Bayfield County.
Unfortunately, I had it in view for less than a minute before it flew over the treetops out of sight amidst a major landbird flight (tons of robins, juncos, fox sparrows, flickers, etc.). First Bayfield County record. "Best" doc shot below: