Darn!  What awful timing.  If this had been two weeks ago we could have reported that the drug St. Louisans have been using to deter Eurasian Tree Sparrows from flying beyond the magic polygon has lost its effect as individuals have gained resistance.  We have evidence that a few have ventured beyond the pale in recent years. Some have been found in extreme northeast MO in Clark County at the Des Moines/Mississippi River confluence (some even into southeast Iowa); some "inland" as far as Boone County (Columbia is county seat) and even an odd one now and then further west into MO.

Still, it is pretty cheesy for one to get all the way to Wisconsin.  May the Leif Erickson of his species find that Cornucopia is indeed a place of plenty for him.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO