Yes, I agree about the phone apps.  I have pretty much all of them. The best in my opinion is iBird Ultiimate (a slightly upgraded version of iBird pro.)  The audubon and Sibley apps are also very good and I believe even have some information on molting and nesting behavior.

Dwight Cruikshank
Columbia, MO
On Apr 13, 2015, at 10:30 AM, Turner, Lori <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I have the Nat Geo book Edge has, she recommended it to me last year, I love it!  I have a bird app on my android called iBird Pro.  You can search by first name, last name or family name.  Each species has a very extensive write up that seems to encompass everything you may want to know about each species including breeding type, egg color, number of eggs, incubator days, and nest material.  I’ve used this to estimate how long the Canada Goose will be sitting on her nest on our lake.

Lori Turner
Operations Dispatcher
Boone Electric Cooperative
1413 Rangeline St.
Columbia, MO 65201
(573) 449-4181

From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Christine Kline
Sent: Sunday, April 12, 2015 5:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Bird Guides

I have a lady from Trenton wanting a new bird guide. She lives on a farm in a rural area and she wants to identify the birds she is seeing. Since she has nesting Black-capped Chickadees she also wants a bird guide that has breeding and nesting information. She purchased the Audubon guide from Amazon and didn't like it. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Christine Kline
Pleasant Hill, Cass County

Christine Kline
Home/Office: (816) 540-3515

Vice President, Burroughs Audubon
Committee Co-Chair ~ Wings Over Weston

Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / Email the list owners

ABA Birding Code of Ethics

ASM Spring Meeting: April 24-26, 2015 in St. Louis Details and Online Registration

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or via phone at 573-449-4181 and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the original message.