From: Edge Wade <[log in to unmask]>
Date:04/12/2015 6:32 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Bird Guides

I recommend:
National Geographic Field Guide to the Birds of North America, Sixth Edition Paperback – November 1, 2011, by Jon L. Dunn (Author), Jonathan Alderfer (Author).

This field guide works well for backyard feeder/birdwatchers, beginning birders, and for experienced birders.  It has the easiest reference sort (an inside front cover quick index and tabs for major categories).  The range maps are excellent.

I'm not sure what she expects as to breeding and nesting information.  No general field guide goes into details on those.

An excellent book for in-depth information of that sort is

Nests, Eggs, and Nestlings of North American Birds (Princeton Field Guides), Jun 12, 2005 by Paul J. Baicich and J. O. Harrison.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO