At Perry County Lake today, an Eastern Kingbird perched atop a small cypress tree at the water’s edge. As if to punctuate the overlap in migrants right now, a flock of 10 snow geese flew over. I felt this was pretty late for southeast MO. Then when we returned home, Kathy spotted two male Indigo Buntings feeding at our doorstep among the bright male goldfinches. What a sight. As others have said, spring is here for sure. Now I will head for the basement, as a tornado warning has been issued!

Mark Haas, Jackson, Cape County, MO