Friday morning (4/3) between 7 and 8:20 am, there were three Common Loons in breeding plumage.  There were observed on the water near the dam in front of the old bait shop in the center of the lake then they swam southward and out of sight from the old bait shop parking lot vantage point.

Several birders looked for the C. Loons in the afternoon/evening unfortunately without relocating them.

Also present were 2 Redhead ducks, 6 Red-breasted Mergansers (3 male/3 female), as well as other regular species for this time of year.

Good birding!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO