I found a NECO this afternoon on the east side of Fountain Grove CA. This is the first one I have observed in "my" area, though I have been expecting them. It was perched on a snag in Che-Ru lake. there were several dozen Double-crested Cormorants there also. Some of the other birds on the east side -
100 Greater White-fronted Geese5 Franklin's Gulls3 Baird's SandpipersTree & Barn Swallows50+ Rusty Blackbirdswatched an adult Bald Eagle land on a nest that I had not known was there.
Nice variety of waterfowl and other birds on rest of the area including 2 Ross's Geese and couple dozen Pectoral Sandpipers.
This morning several Fish Crows were active and vocal near the Boardwalk area at Pershing SP. Interesting was seeing several pair of Wood Ducks high up in the big Sycamore Trees a little way down the Riparian Trail. I think they were probably checking out the holes the Pileated Woodpeckers have made in that area.
Later,
Steve KinderChillicothe, Livingston [log in to unmask]