Yesterday morning around 6:30 heard a woodcock calling as I was running on 5th Street towards south river road right near new amc theater. It was down the hill  and I couldn't see it but did find a racoon.  my husband and I  also went to blue grosbeak trail last night and we heard many woodcocks  calling  (though the frog calls were almost drowning them out) and saw many fly away as we approached them but never got real close. One did fly right by us before it got dark letting us see it very clearly. Coyotes were howling like crazy as well.
Jessica File