I'm at Simpson Park in St. Louis County and I'm looking at 2 Canada Geese who have obviously been banded.  One is banded on the left foot. The other on the right.  These are 2 isolated Canada Geese.  There are no others around.

I'm not an expert birder, but I'm curious.  Is this banding of Canada Geese pretty common?   If so, what data is being tracked?  I can't say I've ever seen this before.  But nor can I say I've ever really looked for it.

Michael Sinak
Valley Park, MO

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/