Yesterday morning around 6:30 heard a woodcock calling as I was running on
5th Street towards south river road right near new amc theater. It was down
the hill  and I couldn't see it but did find a racoon.  my husband and I
also went to blue grosbeak trail last night and we heard many woodcocks
calling  (though the frog calls were almost drowning them out) and saw many
fly away as we approached them but never got real close. One did fly right
by us before it got dark letting us see it very clearly. Coyotes were
howling like crazy as well.
Jessica File

ASM Website: http://mobirds.org/