Theend of February brought the close of the avian Winter season (December 1 -February 28). Please take some time to sort through your sightings for thisperiod and send me your Winter Seasonal Report before March 15.Contact information is listed at the end of this e-mail.

Your seasonal reportshould only include significant sightings during the period. Examples of"significant sightings" include:

* any species listed as"rare", "casual", or "accidental" on the AnnotatedChecklist of Missouri Birds: http://mobirds.org/MBRC/MOChecklist.asp;

*unusually early or latedates (check Josh Uffman’s excellent resource: http://www.showme-birds.com/)

* high counts orunusually low counts (also include a note if a species usually present in yourarea during this period appeared to be completely absent or unusuallyabundant).

Information about weather events in your area wouldbe very helpful.

PREFERREDFORMAT -- An Excel document with the following data:
1) Species
2) Number observed
3) Age/Sex (if known)
4) County
5) Location (i.e. park, residence, city, etc.)
6) Date
7) Additional Notes(such as notes about how you arrived at a particularly difficultidentification, and whether you submitted documentation for casual oraccidental species)
8) Observer

If you would like a sample Excel document to get started, just emailme.

PHOTOS -- Submission of photos showing your significant sightingsthrough the season is encouraged. High-resolution images can be e-mailed inJPEG format.

The data you provide is used to produce the regional report published in theAmerican Birding Association's "journal of record for birders," NorthAmerican Birds; and a summary of sightings is also published in the ASM'squarterly publication, The Bluebird.

PLEASE REMEMBER -- Your sightings must be submitted directly to me in order tobe considered for inclusion in the final seasonal report. Sightingsposted only to MOBIRDS-L will not be included in the report.

Please send your sightings to me at one of the addresses below before Sunday,March 15. I will reply to each e-mail to confirm receipt.

Thank you!

Mary Nemecek
Winter Seasonal ReportEditor

"One Planet.  One Experiment"  ~Edward O. Wilson