Birders: I stopped at the Great Horned Owl nest located by Spirit Airport this morning. I took 3 photos that you can see at the links below.
The first pic is of the nest at a distance and you can see an adult at the nest. Picture 2 is below the nest tree and the adult is guarding the young.
The final shot shows the two owl babies peeking over the edge of the nest. When the young owls are larger, it will be better for photography.
This owl sat tight on her nest through several snowstorms where she was covered by a layer of snow. Glad she was successful.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/16115458643/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/16548003340/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dpwagtail/16528152637/

Warmer next week which will be good for hawks and other early nesters.
Good luck,
Dave Pierce
Wildwood, MO

D. Pierce
Senior Dogs 4 Seniors
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website:  www.seniordogs4seniors.com
Home:  636.458.1892
Diane Cell:  314.452.3063
Bringing senior dogs and people together

 “To the world you are just one person; to a rescued pet you are the WORLD.”