The Hoary and Common Redpolls were frequent visitors to Frankie Cuculich's feeders today.  June Newman, Bonnie Heidy and I were welcomed by Frankie about 1 p.m. and enjoyed the birds in his company and with Phill and Valerie Ross.  Heard we just missed Jim and Ellen Zellmer.

Frankie and other feeder-fillers who welcome birders to see unusual birds (Zelda Ellison with a Common Redpoll in the Springfield area now, and Grew Swick with the Calliope Hummingbird last fall come to mind) are very special people.  We should thank them every chance we get for reporting the birds and inviting birders to view them.

Bodacious birding to all,

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO