From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Mike Grant
Sent: Tuesday, March 03, 2015 9:07 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: St. Louis Audubon Woodcock/Owl Prowl Trip Sat., 3/7 @ 5 pm- - Trip
Report

St. Louis Audubon Society will be hosting their annual American Woodcock/Owl
Prowl on Saturday, March 7 at Busch Conservation Area beginning at 5 pm.
We will meet at the Hampton Lake parking lot at 5 pm (directions below and
on the St. Louis Audubon website: www.stlouisaudubon.org.)   We will first
search for owls at a few locations in Busch CA until around 6 pm.   We will
then proceed to the Blue Grosbeak trail parking lot to hear, and hopefully
see, the woodcocks demonstrate.  The event should be completed around 7 pm.
If you are interested, all members of the group are invited to meet
afterwards at a restaurant (to be announced) in Chesterfield Valley for
dinner.

Make sure to monitor MOBirds for updates.

It is always cooler, especially near dark, at Busch so dress in layers and
warmer than predicted.   Bring your own binoculars, water, and snacks.

All birders are invited, and you do not need to be a St. Louis Audubon
member.  This is also a good trip for beginners and children over age 6.

Directions to Busch Conservation Area/Hampton Lake parking lot:

Take Hwy 64/40 to the Hwy 94 exit.  Go south on Hwy 94 about 1.3 miles to
Hwy D.  Turn right and go about 2 miles to the Busch CA entrance, on the
right.  At the T, turn left to the Hampton Lake parking lot, which is on the
right.

Sue Gustafson & Mike Grant, Trip Leaders

Mike Grant

Chesterfield, MO

  _____

Archives <https://po.missouri.edu/archives/mobirds-l.html>  / Subscription
options <https://po.missouri.edu/cgi-bin/wa?SUBED1=mobirds-l&A=1>  / ASM
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

ASM Spring Meeting: April 24-26, 2015 in St. Louis Details and Online
Registration <http://www.mobirds.org/ASM/Meetings.aspx>