Saturday, February 28th Joint Field Trip With Burroughs Audubon Society Greater Kansas City

Destination:   Burroughs Audubon Nature Center in Fleming Park, Blue Springs, MO

Departure Point: Wendy’s parking lot.  2116 Bernadette Dr. Columbia, MO 65203   (By the Columbia Mall)

Leader: Sherry Leonardo

Contact InfoLori Turner [log in to unmask]

CAS group will leave Wendy’s parking lot at 6:45 a.m. and drive to The Burroughs Audubon Nature Center where we’ll meet at the library around 8:30 am. Burroughs will provide hot beverages to enjoy while watching feeders from the comfortable viewing room.  Blue Springs Lake will be our next destination to look for waterfowl and check the wetlands for winter residents.  We’ll then break for lunch at Corner Café; it’s nearby with good food at reasonable prices.  Following lunch we'll head over to Burr Oak Woods CA, where we'll check their feeders and walk some of the Missouri Tree Trail.  If time allows, we'll finish at Lake Remembrance CA.  This will give us a nice variety of habitats with minimal driving.  Burroughs will keep their ears and eyes open for any unusual sightings that may change this exact itinerary.

We’ll start back to Columbia around 3 p.m.  Please RSVP to Lori Turner by February 25th so we can all sit together for lunch.

The Burroughs Audubon Nature Center has an extensive nature library, gift shop and Wi-Fi access.  For more information visit: http://burroughs.org/library.html

ALSO- We are watching the weather forecast and if it looks like bad driving conditions the trip will either be postponed or cancelled.  There are several places to check cancellations:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/columbia.audubon/

http://columbia-audubon.org/

http://www.mobirds.org/

Lori Turner

Operations Dispatcher

Boone Electric Cooperative

1413 Rangeline St.

Columbia, MO 65201

(573) 449-4181

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and legally privileged information. Any unauthorized review, copy, use, disclosure, or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail or via phone at 573-449-4181 and destroy all electronic or paper copies of the original message.