Hello Greg and fellow birders,

My wife and I were also at Eagle Bluffs today, from 1-3:30 PM. We are interested in becoming active in the Columbia Audubon Society, so we are sorry we missed the field trip this morning.   I saw your checklist on eBird, Greg, and although we didn’t see as many species, I think we are in agreement on the birds we both saw. I was awe-struck by the huge number of geese (mostly Greater White-fronted) and various kinds of ducks in the fields opposite the distribution channel/junction box area, probably well over 1000 birds.   However, we didn’t see the large numbers of snow geese that have been reported recently.  Here’s the link to my e-Bird checklist today with several photos. Can you, Greg, or anyone else confirm the Ross’s Goose based on my picture there?

Thanks!
Dwight Cruikshank