Hello All:  Having missed the Ivory Gull earlier this year, I figured I better not take my chances with Frankie's redpoll.  So, I decided to make the trip north to Adair County early this morning to see this bird myself, which if accepted by the MBRC would be Missouri's 3rd HOARY REDPOLL.  The first and second came during the winter finch invasion of 2012/2013.  Here are those records for anyone interested:  http://www.showme-birds.com/index_files/HoaryRedpollRecords.htm

Anyways, I personally, do not have any incredible photos to share (Frankie and Peter took care of that - nice guys!), but I did obtain the following photo today that could potentially change folks minds if they are still on the fence about the identity of the species, which is a direct profile comparison of the "Hoary" next to a Common.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/20194217@N04/15923544153/

Lastly, here is my eBird checklist that contains my own personal notes:

Fun day - Thank you so much Frankie and Leza!

Josh

Joshua Uffman
St. Louis County, MO
Missouri Bird Records:  www.showme-birds.com