There is very little open water at Eagle Bluffs today.

I saw at least 35 Lapland Longspurs just after you turn into Eagle Bluffs from Rt K.  These were reported by Laura Pintel yesterday.

Now a Red-breasted Merganser has joined the Common Mergansers.  I counted 13 Common Mergansers today.  A Bufflehead was keeping company with them.

Many less ducks and eagles from last Saturday when I was there last.  There is an eagle on the nest in the nest tree as you come from the 2nd 1-way loop.

Also saw a large flock of snow geese fly over and 4 Trumpeter Swans.

Kathleen Anderson, Columbia