Our little southwestern visitor continues.  After a two day absence (partly because I was gone and I don't believe anyone showed to see it) on 1-25 & 26, it showed again on the morning of 1-27.  Yesterday, it was feeding again in the morning and I was surprised when I saw it back at the feeders when I got home in the evening.  It had been regular feeding the afternoons from the 7th to the 21st when most folks came to see it, but has been a morning feeder on all observations since (I was gone all morning today, so unsure if it arrived).  Was active and "pushy" feeding last night, chasing sparrows around.  I sat in the car for a while and was able to use my home-made camera set up to capture these -   https://www.flickr.com/photos/animalwonders/16390343982/ https://www.flickr.com/photos/animalwonders/16203867690/in/photostream/

Saturday will mark one month since it was first seen here.  As always, keeping times and details on eBird for those interested in following its Missouri stay.

Dan Cowell

--
http://www.animalwonders.net - Programs to Enhance Appreciation of the Natural World
 .  816-807-4748 . [log in to unmask]  . http://www.facebook.com/animalwonderskc .