From: Edge Wade
Sent: Thursday, January 29, 2015 8:30 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Whooper swan observed by U.S. fws

Some years back there was a Whooper Swan report from along the Mississippi
River--don't recall if IL, IA or WI, but the upshot is that it was
determined to be an escapee from a captive group somewhere in Wisconsin.
That is, a beautiful bird, but not within the listing rules for ABA.  It is
likely that the one reported now is of similar origin.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO