Perhaps of interest to some MoBirders - sharing what for me is a very pleasant two minute start to my day - the NPR radio show BirdNote.  BirdNote is not offered on St.Louis Public Radio - it is offered on Kansas City Public Radio.

Below is text from the BirdNote web site.
The show is daily. Email subscriptions are available, delivering a weekly collection of half  word, sound, and photo compilations about birds.

"BirdNote strives to transport listeners out of the daily grind and into the natural world with outstanding audio programming and online content. The stories we tell are rich in sound, imagery, and information, connecting the ways and needs of birds to the lives of listeners.
Each show is scheduled to coincide with the time of year when it’s possible to see or hear the featured bird. We inspire people to listen, look, and exclaim, “Oh, that’s what that is!”

Recent shows:  http://birdnote.org/shows

Today's show - The Early Bird
"We've all heard that the early bird gets the worm. But research shows that birds dining early and heavily may lower their life expectancy. Socially dominant birds stay lean (and agile at avoiding predators) during the day, and then stoke up later, before a cold night. Subordinate birds have to look for food whenever and wherever they can find it, and carry fat on their bodies to hedge against unpredictable rations."

I have my daily BirdNote notice set up as an RSS news feed.

Enjoy the show -
Ev Luecke
Troy, MO