I know this is an Illinois location, but often birded by St. Louis birders

The WGNSS Thursday field trip went to Baldwin Lake looking for snow geese.  Some snow geese were spotted in the town of Baldwin behind the Casey Station, but we didn't pursue them thinking we would find plenty at Baldwin Lake.  We did not find any snow geese, a few canadas and very few other waterfowl other than a couple of white-fronted geese and some pied-billed grebes.

We then went over to Peabody King CA and found a few red-tailed hawks, a beautiful male harrier and as we were leaving had some very good views of a logger-head shrike.

Dan Curran / dfcurr hotmail.com