To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis area field trip, full day, sponsored by St. Louis
Audubon Society.

WHEN:     Saturday, January 31 (6 days from now)

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond parking lot, Riverlands.  From the north side of
I-270 in north St. Louis County, take MO-367 north (signed to Alton) at
Exit 31B. Cross the Missouri River and continue past the stoplight at
MO-94.  Just before you reach the bridge over the Mississippi to Alton,
turn right at the gas station. Go straight past the station to the
intersection with Wise Road, just beyond the pond; turn right there and go
a short distance to the parking lot.

MEETING TIME:   8:00 a.m.  I will be there early to scout around; feel free
to look for me along Riverlands Way or down at the dam.  I will get back to
Teal Pond by 8:00 to meet everyone.

TENTATIVE PLAN:   The itinerary will be flexible.  We will consolidate cars
as best we can and proceed to a series of vantage points around the
Riverlands area.  This will include the Illinois side and perhaps the road
to Confluence State Park. Around noon we will head to a fast-food lunch,
and for those who wish to continue, we will decide at lunch where to go for
the afternoon.

WHO:   Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society
or not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted
next Saturday.  It may be that the river and the ponds will remain partly
ice and partly open water, a mix that generally means a good variety of
waterfowl and gulls and generally good viewing conditions.

LEADERS:  Possibly one or two other members of the leader group will join
me in leading this one.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis