Hello All,

I'm working upriver from Quincy, Illinois this morning in hopes of relocating the Ivory Gull. I stopped at Lock and Dam 20 in Canton, where bird activity was pretty quiet aside from a few waterfowl. Of most interest to me however, were 4-5 FISH CROWS. One group of three flew up river, vocalizing, before landing in Illinois, and I saw and heard at least one individual on two separate occasions on the Missouri side.

I'm not sure how far north the Fish Crow range extends in Missouri, but with as rare as this species is in Iowa, I can only assume it's fairly unusual as you approach the Des Moines River.

Danny Akers
Ankeny, Iowa

Sent from my iPhone