From: Gary Rauvola [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Thursday, January 8, 2015 10:06 PM
To: 'Judy Bergmann'; [log in to unmask]
Subject: RE: Ivory Gull, plus Golden Eagle near Troy

Likewise :).  I am the guy who joined Judy's conversation with the Hannibal
folks below the dam, and learned we needed to ignore the "registered
vehicles only" signs at the marina on the island. Even then I felt extremely
lucky; when Judy and I drove up to the various dock roofs, the gull was
nearly invisible, hunkered down in wind-blown snow on the leeward side of
one of the roof peaks. I absolutely would not have seen it except for a
passing local person who happened to stop (having seen it on the rooftops
yesterday). Can hardly believe how close I came to leaving Quincy without
sighting this white wanderer, but see it I did, and very happy for the
opportunity!