To all Missouri birders who have seen the Ivory Gull and have communicated
about it via Mobird-L or to me personally, thanks! I appreciate the great
response.

We do now have permanent evidence of this bird's occurrence in Missouri,
with documentation from four different people based on observations on the
Missouri side of the river, including some great photographs. If anyone
else is planning to document it too, that will be good but not necessary.
It is species number 432 for Missouri (or 421, not counting provisional
species).

By the way, the island called Quinssippi on which the marina (its recent
hangout) is located, opposite the Pier restaurant and the Dock, is entirely
in Illinois, not Missouri. On the other hand, the western half of the river
from the bridges south to the dam IS clearly Missouri.  All documentations
I've received refer to that area.

I did get there myself on Sunday, with my son Matt, and watched the bird a
while, although it was not as easy to locate as it apparently had been on
Saturday and flew mostly along the Missouri side. We had to leave before it
reappeared near the Pier.

Again, thanks, and good luck to anyone who goes up there from this point
on.  It's there today.

Bill Rowe
St. Louis