 I think my pics just aren't good enough for a positive ID so I decided to list them as unknown passerines on my ebird list for the trip yesterday. Sure wish I'd been able to get some better shots, maybe next time. ( : Thanks to everyone who replied.

 Here's the link to the ebird list. Not a big list but the seeing the sharpie was a nice surprise.