It was nice meeting up with you again and so many other "like-minded" birders. Those are two great photos you posted of the IVORY GULL.

Take Care,

Larry Lade
St. Joseph, MO

On Wednesday, January 7, 2015 9:52 AM, Chris Barrigar <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

I humbly submit myself for judgement . . .

I chased the Ivory Gull. Guilty beyond a doubt.

Many of you who know me and my abysmal track record for chasing (a humble 18% success rate) know my stance for chasing birds is that I no longer chase birds. That is, unless it's an arctic species that I know I'll never have the resources/opportunity to travel to the arctic to see. I'd like to submit this fact as evidence to this case of my blatant disregard to my own "No Chase Policy". I humbly await a merciful sentence for my crime of which I'm very guilty. One more thing in my defense . . . I submit a couple photos I captured of the bird which is as near angelic in appearance and flight as I think a bird could get!

It was a great adventure and a terrific experience with good birding folk! I'm so glad I was able to meet new folks and reconnect with Mo birders! Always great to socialize under any circumstances.

Should the bird continue to be seen in Quincy and you decide to give chase, I would suggest focusing your efforts between The Pier restaurant northward toward the island and the railroad bridge. On the island (also partly a public park), there is a trail that can be easily walked leading to the Miss. River near the railroad bridge where you can scan the river unobstructed.

Spectacular Birding my frigid friends!

Chris Barrigar

Cole Co.
Russellville, MO