 I tried to get close for a pic but it flew.

Only experience in the field teaches one where that imaginary line is that one should not cross.

Only ethics or conscience, that is respect for the living creature to a degree above our own desire to capture it--whether to store pixels or in individual gray matter--dictate whether or not to cross that line.

Responsible birding and bird photography is learning where the line is and making a conscious decision not to cross it.

Edge Wade
Columbia, MO