Dear birding friends,

Since Shawnee Mission Park is part of the general Kansas City area, I thought I would post this to the Missouri LISTSERVE.  Mike Stewart and I made the run to Shawnee Mission Park early this afternoon.  We located TWO Townsend's Solitaires.  We viewed them for about 25 minutes.

The best way to get to them is to park in the lot off Barkley Drive south of the dam.  Follow the paved trail past the bike sculpture until it comes to a "Y."  The birds were in the line of trees that run south from the trail where the bench is to the brush pile.  (Not great instructions, but hopefully this will help.)  The solitaires were hanging with Eastern Bluebirds who were chasing them at times and about three Northern Mockingbirds.

Two lifers for me today!  (Including the Red-necked Grebe on the Missouri side.)

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County

Christine Kline

Home/Office: (816) 540-3515