Dear birding friends,

Since Shawnee Mission Park is part of the general Kansas City area, I
thought I would post this to the Missouri LISTSERVE.  Mike Stewart and I
made the run to Shawnee Mission Park early this afternoon.  We located TWO
Townsend's Solitaires.  We viewed them for about 25 minutes.

The best way to get to them is to park in the lot off Barkley Drive south of
the dam.  Follow the paved trail past the bike sculpture until it comes to a
"Y."  The birds were in the line of trees that run south from the trail
where the bench is to the brush pile.  (Not great instructions, but
hopefully this will help.)  The solitaires were hanging with Eastern
Bluebirds who were chasing them at times and about three Northern
Mockingbirds.

Two lifers for me today!  (Including the Red-necked Grebe on the Missouri
side.)

Christine Kline

Pleasant Hill, MO ~ Cass County

Christine Kline