From: Missouri Wild Bird Forum [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf
Of Sherry Leonardo
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2014 1:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: red-necked grebe, hermit thrush

five of us on a burroughs audubon field trip to blue springs lake this
morning had really nice looks at a red-necked grebe. the neck still had some
red in it which was easily seen.

it was first seen near the dam, but kept diving and moving away. it was in
the middle of the lake by the time we left. other species observed included
numerous common mergansers, a few canada geese, mallards, common goldeneyes,
ruddy ducks, pied billed grebes and ring-billed gulls, 2 bald eagles and 1
snow goose.

we also saw or heard at least 4 hermit thrushes at fireman's park and
campground road on our way out.

sherry leonardo

grandview, mo

  _____