I spent over 3 hours yesterday morning at Crowder State park,checking the Pines many times, but the Red Crossbills did not show. Not sure what is going on with these birds as they are spending a lot of time elsewhere away from the Pine Groves. I did find a Great Horned Owl there and had all seven Woodpeckers around the area, with couple of YB Sapsuckers doing a lot of vocalizing. Four male Common Mergansers came and went from the Lake.

NOTICE - Crowder  is one of several State Parks that will be closed this coming wknd for managed Deer Hunts.

Happy Holidays,
Steve Kinder