Dear MO birders,

The Elsah Christmas Bird Count is set for December 15, 2014 which is a MONDAY (first time for a *Monday* Elsah CBC). I've agreed to be the compiler again (slow learner, I guess). Some of you have helped with past counts. Please let me know if you can help this year.

The Elsah Circle (ILEL) is quiet a bit larger than what we usually cover. The center is more or less at the Principia College Science Center and extends 7.5 miles in all directions. This covers [Illinois areas] Grafton almost to Gilbert Lake, Olin Nature Reserve, Powerline Road to the back of Pere Marquette, and half the road to Jerseyville. It covers [Missouri areas] the little airport across the Mississippi from Grafton, a long stretch of Route 94, etc. We've generally had too few participants to cover more than a third of this circle, but if we get more watchers, we can explore our "circle" further.

We're planning to meet at the Principia College flagpole (School of Government) 7:30 am December 15 (Monday). But if you want to work the Missouri side (or other areas) without attending this meeting, just let me know.

Here's a link to two maps of the ILEL circle (plus pictures of a White-winged Scoter and Common Goldeneye seen during last year's ILEL CBC!):
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ky2mp52liho5mvj/AABK3u8_An89fyMnZHlRMynEa?dl=0

Thanks for helping. It's a gift to citizen science and to the rising generation of birders (and it's fun!).

Tom

Dr. Thomas H. Fuller
Harry and Margaret Heimer Professor of Mathematics and Computer Science
Chair, Computer Science Department
Principia College, Elsah, IL 62028, 618-374-5279