Did any of you who think this is "sad" or "needless" read what he actually said? Did you think what that means for any student in his classes?
Faculty who say deeply bigoted and hateful things are what is sad, and they have no place in a classroom. Even he seems to have realized how extreme and wrong he was, since he simply accepted.
How many of you would sit in a classroom with someone who called Christians human rubbish tips or men pricks or white people honkies or Brits "the scum of the earth"? Doesn't that include some of you?
This kind of language is not a joke and not without terrible damage: it is the begining of patterns of cruelty--whether he engaged in it or not. When humans want to hurt and hate, they start with dehumanizing names. And it would get anyone in any university I have been in (four) dismissed.
I am astonished to see this treated as somehow a wrong to him.
Nancy

>>> Peter Dillane  12/20/14 7:34 AM >>>
He had his day in court last week suing the website but he settled on the basis they could keep up what was already up and they agreed not to publish any more so one might suppose there was more extravagant stuff to come ;  the next day he offered his resignation and it was accepted without comment

Pete

Sent from my iPhone