But Google also provides us access to the shared cultural meanings that
Eliot so emphasized. With Google we are not independent but encapsulated
both receiving and submitting to this shared cultural history.

With these shared cultural references, did Eliot anticipate the idea of
cool put forth by McLuhan? Is modernism inherently cool in its objectives?