I have a good friend who lives in Jena in the former DDR who used to be a senior apprentice trainer for the giant Zeiss optical works there. They trained at the time very many visiting students from communist countries in the rest of the world, particularly from North Vietnam and Cambodia. Once they had a big delegation of Cambodians there, and one of his more precocious apprentices said in passing to one of the Cambodian bunch  "you lot eat dogs, don't you?"

"Yes we do, but only bad dogs" came the prompt reply from the Cambodian engineer.

Sent from my iPad