We have the access, but who knows where to look & for what to look?
Peter

Tom Gray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

But Google also provides us access to the shared cultural meanings that Eliot so emphasized. With Google we are not independent but encapsulated both receiving and submitting to this shared cultural history.

With these shared cultural references, did Eliot anticipate the idea of cool put forth by McLuhan? Is modernism inherently cool in its objectives?

On Fri, Dec 5, 2014 at 7:40 AM, Rickard A. Parker <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On Thu, 4 Dec 2014 23:37:08 -0500, Tom Gray <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>If Eliot were alive today, what would he make of Google?

This gives us a clue:
   "Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge? Where is the knowledge we have lost in information?"

Love the below: