WiG-Sponsored Panel at AATG/ACTFL 2015
(Nov. 20-22, San Diego, CA)

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun Ė Letís Have It!
From Kriemhild to Lady Bitch Ray: Enchanting the German Classroom with a Dose of Feminist Power

There is no doubt that feminism and its discursive intersectionality in the classroom is an important issue. Often enough, though, we might be discouraged by the task of incorporating such a 'serious' and seemingly 'heavy' topic. This panel seeks to investigate the humorous, fun(ny) and playful approaches that are also at our disposal.
We encourage proposals for all levels of instruction.

Please send an abstract of 150-200 words to both panel organizers, Corinna Kahnke ([log in to unmask] ) and Stefanie Ohnesorg ([log in to unmask]), by Monday, January 11, 2015.  Please make sure to also include the following in your e-mail: Your name, institutional affiliation, e-mail address, a brief biographical note, and any audio-visual requirements for the presentation.

Stefanie Ohnesorg, Associate Professor of German
Department of Modern Foreign Languages and Literatures
University of Tennessee
701 McClung Tower
Knoxville, TN  37996-0470
Phone: 865-974-7098