I visited the Anita B. Gorman Conservation Discovery Center today as was immediately greeted with a Starling ball and a couple of raptors, a juvenile Bald Eagle and a falcon, perhaps a Peregrine.  My eBird report is below.

Gorman Conservation Discovery Center, Jackson, US-MO
Nov 22, 2014 1:50 PM - 2:54 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.77 mile(s)
Comments:     <br />Submitted from BirdLog NA for iOS, version 1.8
16 species (+1 other taxa)

Canada Goose (Branta canadensis)  9
Gadwall (Anas strepera)  5     https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid&#61;10203097387176553&l&#61;d92bf1df54
Mallard (Anas platyrhynchos)  2
Bald Eagle (Haliaeetus leucocephalus)  1     Juvenile, fanned tail, tight spacing between wing and tail, slow stiff wing beats.  Following Starling ball, larger than a Redtail.
Ring-billed Gull (Larus delawarensis)  13     Part of a stream of gulls flying over, perhaps in a wide circle.  Flyover, clearly gull sp., backlighting and distance made it difficult to ID.  https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid&#61;10203097333535212&l&#61;2c571099e9. Probable Ring-billed.
Mourning Dove (Zenaida macroura)  1
falcon sp. (Falco sp.)  1     Bird observed stooping on a Starling ball, closed wings, round shoulders, resembling a fist.
Blue Jay (Cyanocitta cristata)  2
Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus)  2
American Robin (Turdus migratorius)  10
European Starling (Sturnus vulgaris)  100     Starling ball, estimate
White-throated Sparrow (Zonotrichia albicollis)  2
White-crowned Sparrow (Zonotrichia leucophrys)  3
Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis)  5
Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis)  2
House Finch (Haemorhous mexicanus)  1     https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid&#61;10203097385656515&l&#61;d65a33c8e3
House Sparrow (Passer domesticus)  50

View this checklist online at http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S20637122

Scott Laurent