We found huge flocks of Lapland Longspurs today along Cora Island Road
on our way to Cora Island Big Muddy National Fish and Wildlife Refuge.
Five Ross's Geese were hanging with Canada Geese alongside Riverlands
Migratory Bird Sanctuary's Teal Pond (RMBS).   Many other birds were
present in the area as well, but those two species were the only ones
that were FOS for us (FOS=First of Season). A dark morph Red-tailed Hawk
was a treat to watch, as well as the switching of the guard between
Harriers and Short-eared Owls at Cora Island at dusk.  They are closing
Cora Island to all public access for construction as of December 1.  Not
sure how long that will last.  Bummer.

So, CACHE/SPARKS is no longer going to exist as of December 1st?  We are
supposed to use eBird instead? Scott Laurent's announcement is the first
I seem to have noticed to this effect.  What happened to CACHE/SPARKS?

Andy Reago
St. Louis MO

  <http://www.aba.org/about/ethics.html>