I spent the morning at Thomas Hill Reservoir and Long Branch Lake, Macon County from about 8 am to noon.

Best bird was a juvenile Lesser Black-backed Gull at the Marina on the west side of Long Branch Lake. When I left there was also a L. Black-backed Gull on the rocks at the base of the dam on the visitor center end of the dam. It could have been the same bird but it would have had to flow immediately from the Marina to the dam to beat me driving there.  I have photos to compare of both birds or of the same bird in two areas. Also a winter adult Franklin’s Gull was at the Marina. Common loon seen from the marina but the bird was on the middle or eastern side of the lake to the east.  1000 or more ducks of many species listed on eBIrd.

Brad

Brad Jacobs

Missouri Department of Conservation

P.O. Box 180