I just nursed my Ford Expedition home (one day early) from the Jack's Fork River.  While camping at Rhymer's Landing I got to see a pair of Black Vultures.  I've never seen them on the Jack's Fork before.  High above my riverside campsite, I saw a pair of Bald Eagles either flirting or fighting.  One was fully mature and the other is starting to get there.  They dove at and circled one another for about 10 minutes.  I'm not familiar with Bald Eagle mating habits or territorial disputes.

I also saw a lone Phoebe.  It was flying from its perch to the edge of the river over and over.  Couldn't tell if it was simply getting a drink or if there was some food there.  I did stir up some flying insects near my campfire so there is still some food available.

Many of the expected; Pileated, Red-bellied, Red-headed and Downey Woodpecker, Great Blue Heron and Belted Kingfisher.  Pretty cold overnight.  Winter is almost here.  Yuck.

Steve Reese
Lee's Summit, MO.