To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis area field trip, half day, sponsored by the St. Louis Audubon Society.

WHEN:     Saturday, November 8

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond parking lot, Riverlands.  From the north side of I-270 in north St. Louis County, take MO-367 north (signed to Alton).  Cross the Missouri River and continue past the stoplight at MO-94.  Just before you reach the bridge over the Mississippi to Alton, turn right at the gas station. Go straight past the station to the intersection with Wise Road, just beyond the pond; turn right there and go a short distance to the parking lot.

MEETING TIME:   8:00 a.m.  If you are running late and don't find us at Teal Pond, watch for us along Riverlands Way or at the Audubon Center.

TENTATIVE PLAN:   The itinerary will be flexible.  We will consolidate cars as best we can and proceed to a series of vantage points around the Riverlands area.  This might include the road to Confluence State Park and/or the Cora Island unit of the Big Muddy National Wildlife Refuge.  The trip will end in the neighborhood of 12:00-12:30, depending on where we are.

WHO:   Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.

At this point NOAA shows a 20% chance of showers and a high of 51.  No lunch needed except for those who may plan to continue on their own.

LEADERS:  Mike Grant (cell number 314-779-8032) and others.