The latest MDC/ASM Cooperative Agreement CACHE X will be focused on a number of Conservation Opportunity Areas and Conservation Areas.
Please submit your reports to eBird rather than the CACHE/SPARKS portal. We are now using eBird for all future MDC agreements and will be transitioning to a new Missouri eBird portal in the near future.
For those of you with a smartphone there is an app for that. BirdLog is a handy way to keep all your bird lists. Check it out at your app store.
Additionally, there will be a number of eBird Workshops (TBD) hosted around the state. Please email me at IeBirdMissouri AT gmail DOT com if you are interested in the workshops, or are planning on birding any of the areas listed below or need help getting started with eBird.
The COA’s in this agreement that we are encouraging people to bird are:
· Black Island CA (3 units) - Pemiscot County;
· Union Ridge CA - Sullivan, Adair and Schuyler Counties;
· Taberville CA and Wah’Kon-Tah Prairie complex - St. Clair and Cedar Counties
For those interested, Conservation Opportunity Areas (COAs) are complexes of land ownerships and wild areas, high quality streams that many partners enumerated many reasons why we all should be working on them because we can’t work everywhere. More information can be found at http://missouri.conservationregistry.org/ .
The following Conservation Areas (CA) in this agreement are:
· Little Black CA, Ripley County (Co.)
· Manito Lake CA, Moniteau & Morgan Cos.
· Franklin Island CA, Howard Co.
· Huckleberry Ridge CA, McDonald Co.
· Roaring River CA, Barry Co.
· Rudolf Bennitt CA, Boone, Howard & Randolph Cos.
· Buffalo Wallow Prairie CA, Barton Co.
· Hi Lonesome Prairie CA, Benton Co.
· Reform CA, Callaway Co.
· General Watkins CA, Scott Co.
· Canaan CA, Gasconade Co.
· Edwin A. Pape Lake (Concordia), Lafayette Co.
· Saline Valley CA, Miller Co.
Stay tuned for more information on eBird and the upcoming Missouri eBird portal.
ASM Conservation Partnership Chair
Kansas City, Missouri
The Audubon Society of Missouri's Wild Bird Discussion Forum
Archives / Subscription options / ASM Website / Email the list owners
ABA Birding Code of Ethics