To St. Louis area birders (and others who may want to join us):

WHAT:     St. Louis area field trip, half day, sponsored by the St. Louis
Audubon Society.

WHEN:     Saturday, November 8

WHERE:   Meet at Teal Pond parking lot, Riverlands.  From the north side of
I-270 in north St. Louis County, take MO-367 north (signed to Alton).  Cross
the Missouri River and continue past the stoplight at MO-94.  Just before
you reach the bridge over the Mississippi to Alton, turn right at the gas
station. Go straight past the station to the intersection with Wise Road,
just beyond the pond; turn right there and go a short distance to the
parking lot.

MEETING TIME:   8:00 a.m.  If you are running late and don't find us at Teal
Pond, watch for us along Riverlands Way or at the Audubon Center.

TENTATIVE PLAN:   The itinerary will be flexible.  We will consolidate cars
as best we can and proceed to a series of vantage points around the
Riverlands area.  This might include the road to Confluence State Park
and/or the Cora Island unit of the Big Muddy National Wildlife Refuge.  The
trip will end in the neighborhood of 12:00-12:30, depending on where we are.

WHO:   Everyone is welcome, whether a member of St. Louis Audubon Society or
not.  Out-of-towners are invited!

CONDITIONS:  Please dress appropriately for whatever weather is predicted.

At this point NOAA shows a 20% chance of showers and a high of 51.  No lunch
needed except for those who may plan to continue on their own.

LEADERS:  Mike Grant (cell number 314-779-8032) and others.