Refound at least 1 LeConte's sparrow this morning with Jack Cowen in  the
area I posted about the last few weeks at Busch CA,St Charles  Co
Overall sparrow numbers were down from the past few weeks

Not a bird sighting per se but something I think people will  definitely
find interesting.
A friend who lives near the town  of Valley Park in St Louis Co e-mailed
pictures of a black bear she has  been seeing this week in her back yard.
Cant say Im super surprised  with the booming Missouri bear pop.Pretty much
knew it was not a question of  "if" a bear shows up in St Louis Co but
"when"
I know there have been  definite sightings the last few years from
Jefferson,Franklin and St Charles  counties.
No doubt this particular animal followed the Meremac River  which would act
as a natural corridor for them coming out of the Ozarks.(this  bear is more
than likely a young male)
Hopefully this guy stays to  woods.When they come this close to suburbia it
usually ends up badly for  the bear.More than likely getting hit by a
vehicle or someone shooting it  out of fear

Mike Brady
Ballwin,MO