 Sorry for the late report. Below are our results from our Big Sit on Saturday 10/11/14 at 512 Ellis Blvd in Jefferson City, MO. We "sat" from 6 am - 7 pm , with over a dozen folks joining us off and on throughout the day. Beautiful weather, even if it was a bit nippy. THANK YOU to our local River Bluffs Audubon members who came out to bird with us. Their expertise and assistance made the event more fun and the count much higher! (Thank you Chris for the tent!).Participants ranged in age from 11 years old  to ...older than that. Everyone received literature on bird identification and info on RBAS and ASM.
Our total was 43 species . Highlights included: Orange-crowned Warbler, Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Black-throated Green Warbler, Common yellow-throat, Golden-crowned Kinglet, Bald Eagle, and an amazing fly-over of 200+ Double-crested Cormorants! Thank you again everyone who participated. We have some pics here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Birds-I-View/188410781170570  and links to more. Below is the complete list. ...THANK YOU again RBAS members and everyone who participated! (Apologies for the spacing font on the species list below--I just copied and pasted from my entry on the Big Sit Website)Steve GarrJefferson City, MOCole [log in to unmask]
Double-crested Cormorant Phalacrocorax auritusTurkey Vulture Cathartes aura Canada Goose Branta canadensisBald Eagle Haliaeetus leucocephalus Cooper's Hawk Accipiter cooperiiRed-tailed Hawk Buteo jamaicensisSharp-shinned Hawk Accipiter striatusEurasian Collared-Dove Streptopelia decaoctoMourning Dove Zenaida macroura Rock Pigeon (FeralPigeon) Columbalivia Yellow-billed Cuckoo Coccyzus americanusChimney Swift Chaetura pelagicaDowny Woodpecker Picoides pubescensHairy Woodpecker Picoides villosusNorthern Flicker Colaptes auratus Red-bellied Woodpecker Melanerpes carolinusYellow-bellied Sapsucker Sphyrapicus variusEastern Phoebe Sayornis phoebe American Crow Corvus brachyrhynchosBlue Jay Cyanocitta cristataCarolina Chickadee Poecile carolinensisTufted Titmouse Baeolophus bicolorWhite-breasted Nuthatch Sitta carolinensisCarolina Wren Thryothorusludovicianus Golden-crowned Kinglet Regulus satrapa American Robin Turdus migratoriusEastern Bluebird Sialia sialis Northern Mockingbird Mimus polyglottosEuropean Starling Sturnus vulgaris Cedar Waxwing Bombycilla cedrorumBlack-throated GreenWarbler Dendroicavirens Common Yellowthroat Geothlypis trichasOrange-crowned Warbler Oreothlypis celataYellow-rumped Warbler Dendroica coronataDark-eyed Junco Junco hyemalis White-throated Sparrow Zonotrichiaalbicollis Northern Cardinal Cardinalis cardinalisBrown-headed Cowbird Molothrus ater Common Grackle Quiscalus quisculaRed-winged Blackbird Agelaius phoeniceusAmerican Goldfinch Spinus tristis House Finch Carpodacus mexicanusHouse Sparrow Passer domesticusTOTAL 43 species