Glad to be back in Missouri at my favorite time of year after being gone for couple of weeks. Had Autumn mixed bag of coming and going and year round birds in  Pershing SP. I went to the Zell tract on the west side first. . Nice variety of Sparrows, but not as big of numbers as sometimes for this Season. -

Chipping- 20+
Savannah - 40
LeConte's - only 1
Fox -1
Song - 10

Lincoln's - enjoyed 5 at one spot, and 15 total
Swamp -40
White-throated - 10+, was only on the edge of their habitat
White-crowned - 10
plus had 2 Field Sparrows on Zell tract # 2 on SE corner of the park.
also had 2 Eastern Towhee and a few DE Juncos. , missed Clay-colored, Nelson's, and Harris's Sparrows which I would have liked to have seen, all of which Larry L. had yesterday south of St. Joe.

Some of the other birds observed included-
Carolina Wren - 1
Marsh Wren - 2

House Wren - 3
Sedge Wren - 4
Sora -only 3
Wilson's Snipe -2
Dickcissel - 1
Indigo Bunting -several
Common Yellowthroat , Orange-crowned, and Yellow-rumped Warblers

Yellow-bellied Sapsucker
Northern Harrier
Red-shoudered Hawk
Bald Eagle - 4
Pileated Woodpecker
and many Red-headed Woodpecker still around.

Great day to be out!

Still some Chimney swifts over town this evening/

Later,

Steve Kinder
Chillicothe, Livingston Co.